How to Fix Hard Drive Error code 0146 Dell Inspiron or “a Disk Read Error”?admin
If you are a Dell desktop/Laptop user, and you have experienced a problem ‘Dell Error Code 0146’, then don’t panic about it, as it caused by HDD and Windows Registry. Well, you can easily ‘Fix Hard Drive Error code 0146 Dell Inspiron’ or a ‘Disk Read Error’. Therefore, with the Dell laptops, there is a common issue of HDD, so it’s usually known as ‘2000-0146 disk error’. This error occurs due to various reasons, includes system freeze and crashes, applications to stop responding, window problem, slow performance of the device, and many others.
However, ‘Dell Error Code 0146’ or ‘Dell Error Code: 2000-0146’ specify the test has detected logs of previous errors on the hard drive and this maybe a possible due to hard drive failure. For more positive results, it’s recommended by Dell Technical Support Team you can run a ‘Custom Test’ on the laptop’s ‘Hard Drive’. Therefore, ‘Custom Test’ is an advanced diagnostic test and is capable of producing more reliable results. Or you can take help from Dell technical experts for the complete instruction or guidance.
Here, the blog will guide you step-by-step instruction needed to troubleshoot Hard Drive Error code 0146 Dell Inspiron. Follow all the given below steps to instantly fix the problem.
Methods to Fix Hard Drive Error code 0146 Dell Inspiron or a ‘Disk Read Error’:-
Method1:- Reset System Setup
System Setup is another name of BIOS. So, you maybe require verifying the BIOS settings to fix Error Code 0146. Now it’s time to simply follow he below given reset the system setup process.
- Firstly, restart your Dell system.
- Then hit on”F2” key” repeatedly.
- Next, a System Setup screen window will appear on your system.
- Hit on the “Right Arrow” of your keyboard and wait while “Exit” menu is highlighted.
- Tap on the “Down Arrow” and choose the “Load Optimized Defaults” option.
- Tap on “ENTER” button.
Method2:- Check HDD for Errors
- Often the failure to load disk data may cause ‘Dell Error Code 0146’. Then the use the Disk CheckUp utility is the correct way to check HDD for errors.
- First of all, double hit on “My Computer desktop shortcut”.
- Then you have right click on your system drive. (This is the most probably in the drive C:\)
- Now, choose the “Properties” option.
- Then a new dialog window will appear, so hit on “Tools” tab.
- Tap on “Check Disk” button.
- Now see the error is coming if it’s coming then follow the next method.
Method 3: Run the Built-In-Diagnostics
Generally, the Dell desktop/Laptop comes with a built-in diagnostics program, which called as PSA Diagnostics. It lets Diagnostics the error to fix it.
- First, you have to restart your PC.
- Then press “F12” key repeatedly, until the Dell logo appears. (Please make a note that some computers, 0 (Zero) key is assigned)
- One Time Boot Menu appears.
- Now you need to press the “Down” Arrow of your keyboard to highlight “PSA Diagnostics” option.
- Hit “ENTER” button.
- Then PSA will start automatically.
- Now see the error and pursue the on-screen instructions to solve it.
Method4:- Repair Registry Settings
You should try to repair Registry setting in order to avoid Registry corruption and the bad entries that detected in the Registry.
- Start the process by downloading “RegInOut Registry” Cleaner from the website.
- Install it on your Dell machine.
- Then start the process and full scan the system.
- Wait for a few minutes until the process is completed.
- Then repair all errors detected.
After performing all the methods, you could easily Fix Hard Drive Error code 0146 Dell Inspiron or “a Disk Read Error”.
Get Immediate Online Help at Dial Dell Customer Support Number:-
If you need any further help related Dell Printer, Laptop, or Desktop, then you can please feel free to dial Dell Laptop Support Number for assistance. This number is toll free and available 24×7 days, will connect you to Dell Customer Support experts. So you can get the refined, reliable and the complete solutions to any Dell errors/issues within few minutes.